- What is Osteoarthritis?
- What are my Options?
- About the Knee
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injury
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Injury
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Injury
- Knee Ligament Surgery
- Jumper’s Knee (Patella Tendonitis)
- Runner’s Knee
- Knee Pain
- Torn Cartilage Injury
- Infrapatella Fat Pad Impingement
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD)
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS)
- Patella Fracture
- Who can help me?
- Our Experts
Serena Stubbs is a Clinical Specialist Orthotist with a specialised interest in knee, foot and ankle biomechanical solutions. Combining detailed knowledge and wide ranging experience within the sports sector, Serena has a strong referral base across within the UK and internationally.
With over 20 years experience Serena has worked within both the NHS and private practice delivering treatment, solutions and advice to recreational and elite athletes, young and old.
Serena is renown for her bracing and biomechanics service which is supported by her knowledge in the latest advances in product design and technology along with her own passion 'to enhance peoples confidence in keeping active in life'. As an avid and experienced skier herself, Serena fully appreciates how precious one's knee joints are!
Her clinical orthotic services include:
- Knee bracing for ligament / cartilage injury: assessment and fitting of the latest carbon fibre knee braces to deliver support and protection for impact sports including skiing.
- Osteoarthritis unloader knee bracing: through her familiarity with the latest design and technology of modern braces, Serena can offer hope to osteoarthritis sufferers by delivering a solution ensuring reduced pain and improved function.
- Biomechanical assessment: a comprehensive assessment of walking and running through a combination of clinical examination and gait analysis, with the aim to improve functional awareness and provide possible orthotic prescription and footwear advice.
- General orthotics: upper limb and spinal bracing, usually given to help to prevent or correct deformity and/or improve function.
Serena is covered by major private health insurance companies and can see patients referred as an outpatient by their hospital consultant or GP, or through non-referral appointments.
Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics
La Trobe University
Member of the British Association of Prosthetists & Orthotists